Owning a home has long been a cornerstone of the American dream, offering security, stability and an opportunity to build wealth. In recent years, confidence in the real estate market has slowly returned; and with rental prices increasing and the cost of owning a home looking more attractive than ever before, many people are now opting for buying rather than renting.
Benefits of owning a home
- Owning a home gives you the opportunity to build equity, qualify for tax deductions, leverage your investment, save money and take pride in ownership.
- Mortgage interest, real estate taxes and other expenses can be deducted from your taxes.
- Even though the investment is only a portion of the home’s value, appreciation on the full amount is possible.
- In addition, owning a home may be less expensive than renting due to current rental prices at all-time highs.
- Finally, you can make improvements to your home that reflect your personal style and take pride in keeping it well maintained.
Why work with me?
Buying a home is one of the most important financial decisions you will ever make, and we are here to ensure that it goes as smoothly as possible.
- We are Negotiation experts! Our job is to provide guidance to help you get into contract and close on the home that you decide you want!
- We work with the best inspectors! We find the most detail-oriented home inspectors in the business so that you know all the challenges the home may have, and look to have the Seller remedy as many issues as possible before closing.
- We are Available! Access to your agent is crucial in a difficult market. WE answer our phone and are available on the weekends and evenings if necessary to secure a home you are interested in.
- We will give you straightforward and honest advice throughout the entire process. Whether your budget is $100,000 or $10 million, our priority is to find you a perfect home at an unbeatable price. Furthermore, we go beyond simply finding a house… we guide you every step of the way, from helping with movers and home insurance to personally dropping off pizza on moving day!
Send us an email at harlan(at)realestatepdx(dot)com and let us know you’d like to start looking so we can get a search set up for you on MLS and begin emailing you homes which fit your search criteria. Lastly, check out the estimate of buyer’s closing costs. This is the approximate amount of cash you would need to have available on the day of closing in addition to your down payment.